Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2016

"Her Secret Christmas Hero" (Mallory Kane) ★★★

Her Secret Christmas Hero (Cherry Lake Christmas)



BOOK SUMMARY
Do you believe in love at first sight? 

Allie McHale is spending this brutal Christmas Eve snowstorm in a barn in Marietta, Montana when suddenly she hears a horrible crash on the freeway near her ranch. She discovers a handsome lone survivor, a prisoner in handcuffs, and despite her apprehension about harboring a criminal, she rescues him anyway. 

Jacob Reeves, on his way to Seattle to testify against his organized crime family, is miraculously saved by the most beautiful woman he’s ever laid eyes on, who has every reason not to trust him, but getting through a freezing Christmas Eve forces them to work together to survive. 

During the long night, their chemistry is off the charts and Jake realizes that Allie could be the love of his life. But as soon as the storm is over, he’ll be gone. Is Jake destined to break both of their hearts, or will a Christmas tragedy end in a miracle?

TBR/BUY LINKS




CAT'S REVIEW

"Her Secret Christmas Hero" by Mallory Kane.  I have been a fan of Ms. Kane's for a while but I have to be honest and say, I was slightly disappointed with this one.  I found it a bit incredible the relationship between the two main characters.  While I sympathized with Allie and even Jacob, the relationship just didn't work for me.  While I do enjoy tales of love at first sight and others about couples that fall in love quickly, for some reason, this one just didn't work for me.  I didn't feel the connection  between the two.  However, the story itself roped me in - bad snowstorm, stranded together, rescues, Christmas - all the makings of a romantic tale.  I liked both characters, even if Jacob had a less than stellar background, they were both good people and lonely too.  I would have liked to have a bit longer story and had them spend more time together before Jacob had to leave.     Not a terrible story, just a bit ok for me.  (received copy from NetGalley for honest review)
★★★

REVIEW COPY PROVIDED BY

NETGALLEY



Professional Reader

No comments:

Post a Comment