Search This Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2015

"Hot Ice" (Lynn Raye Harris)★★★.5


BOOK SUMMARY
When fire and ice collide, you get steam…

Grace Campbell leads a privileged life. The daughter of a United States senator, she moves within the social circles of the rich and famous. But Grace is also a scientist, and when someone learns she possesses the knowledge necessary to create a new super virus capable of destroying entire nations, she becomes a target for terror groups and foreign governments alike.

Garrett “Iceman” Spencer didn’t join the Army’s elite Hostile Operations Team to babysit a spoiled rich girl, but when his superiors insist on assigning him to a senator’s daughter as her security detail, he has no choice but to comply. 

It’s a shock to find that beneath the glasses and serious scowl, Grace Campbell burns hot. And Garrett, who’s been burned before, suddenly wants to immerse himself in the flames. 

Keeping Grace alive—and keeping his hands off her—is a full-time job for this HOT soldier. Failure is not an option…

THE HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM SERIES
Book 1: Hot Pursuit (Matt & Evie) 
Book 2: Hot Mess (Sam & Georgie) 
Book 3: Hot Package (Billy & Olivia) 
Book 4: Dangerously Hot (Kev & Lucky) 
Book 5: Hot Shot (Jack & Gina) 
Book 6: Hot Rebel (Nick & Victoria) 
Book 7: Hot Ice (Garrett & Grace) ~ Coming January 27, 2015
Book 8: Hot & Bothered (Ryan & Emily) ~ Coming Spring 2015


TBR/BUY LINKS

AMAZON

IBOOKS


GOOGLE PLAY


KOBO


Nook (Coming Soon)


CAT'S REVIEW

"Hot Ice" by Lynn Raye Harris.  This is the 7th book in the series.  I have not read all of the books but have read several.  Although not necessary to read all to enjoy this one, it does help with background on other characters, including the main villain in this one.  Now, onto the story and characters.  Grace Campbell, a scientist and a senator's daughter, is wanted by some not so nice people for what she can do in the lab.  Garrett "Iceman" Spencer is ordered to be her bodyguard.  The action and suspense was a bit slower than in previous HOT stories I've read.  It mostly consisted of the two of them on the run.  While on the run, there is some really HOT scenes between the two!! ;o)  The action does pick up a bit towards the end when it all comes to a head.   I like Iceman - he's a tough, sexy alpha but has a tender side, despite his rough demeanor.  He loves his little girl beyond words and that alone males one sexy guy!  I had a much harder time liking Grace.  Throughout she was labeled as "shy" yet I didn't see that - she was really quite witchy (yes, I meant something else).  She used her daddy's position too often for someone that was supposed to be shy.  To me, she was a total snob.    To be totally honest, I wasn't sure what Garrett saw in her and that irked me a bit because I like to like my Hero's girl, especially when I really like the Hero.  I have to say, Grace did transform a bit at the end and I did grow to like her a bit more.  Overall, this HOT novel was ok for me.  I'm glad I read it but, again, didn't enjoy it quite as much as I have other HOT novels.  (Received copy from NetGalley/publisher for honest review) 
★★★.5


AUTHOR INFO

To learn more about Lynn Raye Harris, please visit her website
www.lynnrayeharris.com



REVIEW COPY RECEIVED FROM



No comments:

Post a Comment