Search This Blog

Saturday, December 7, 2013

"Sweet Revenge" (Rebecca Zanetti) (TBR June 2014)

"Sweet Revenge" by Rebecca Zanetti.  This is the second book in the Sin Brothers Series.  It's the story of Matt and Laney.  Matt is in search of a doctor that can save him and his brothers.  He comes across Laney who is in need of a bartender/bouncer in her bar so she hires him.  Laney is hiding and running from something but it's not revealed for a while.  She feels safe having big, strong Matt around, even if it's temporary.  Right from the start, I liked Matt - he was dedicated to his mission but was also a very protective person of anyone that he cared for.  Laney took a little longer for me to like - once I knew her story, though, I found it easier to understand her.  This story had romance, action and drama - there were some surprises which I like - not everything went the way I thought it would.  I haven't read the first book of the series yet ("Forgotten Sins") but I look forward to it.  Even though I hadn't read the first book, it didn't effect this story - there was enough background given to understand what Matt and his brothers were facing.✔✔✔✔  (Received a copy from NetGalley)

No comments:

Post a Comment